Re: Add SPLIT PARTITION/MERGE PARTITIONS commands

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: Add SPLIT PARTITION/MERGE PARTITIONS commands
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi!

On Sun, Mar 31, 2024 at 5:12 AM Dmitry Koval <d.koval@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> Patch stop applying due to changes in upstream.
> Here is a rebased version.

I've revised the patchset.  Now there are two self-contained patches
coming with the documentation.  Also, now each command has a paragraph
in the "Data definition" chapter.  Also documentation and tests
contain geographical partitioning with all Russian cities. I think
that might create a country-centric feeling for the reader.   I've
edited that to make cities spread around the world to reflect the
international spirit.  Hope you're OK with this.  Now, both merge and
split commands make new partitions using the parent table as the
template.  And some other edits to comments, commit messages,
documentation etc.

I think this patch is well-reviewed and also has quite straightforward
implementation.  The major limitation of holding ACCESS EXCLUSIVE LOCK
on the parent table is well-documented.  I'm going to push this if no
objections.

------
Regards,
Alexander Korotkov

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: incremental backup breakage in BlockRefTableEntryGetBlocks
От: "Imseih (AWS), Sami"
Сообщение: Re: Psql meta-command conninfo+