Re: Assert failure on 'list_member_ptr(rel->joininfo, restrictinfo)'

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: Assert failure on 'list_member_ptr(rel->joininfo, restrictinfo)'
Дата
Re: Assert failure on 'list_member_ptr(rel->joininfo, restrictinfo)'  (Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 15, 2023 at 5:07 PM Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 15, 2023 at 8:02 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> > The kinda because there are callers to bms_(add|del)_members() that pass the
> > same bms as a and b, which only works if the reallocation happens "late".
>
> +1,
> Neat idea. I'm willing to work on this. Will propose the patch soon.

It's here.  New REALLOCATE_BITMAPSETS forces bitmapset reallocation on
each modification.  I also find it useful to add assert to all
bitmapset functions on argument NodeTag.  This allows you to find
access to hanging pointers earlier.

I had the feeling of falling into a rabbit hole while debugging all
the cases of failure with this new option.  With the second patch
regressions tests pass.

Any thoughts?

------
Regards,
Alexander Korotkov

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: long-standing data loss bug in initial sync of logical replication
От: vignesh C
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade and logical replication