Re: [HACKERS] make async slave to wait for lsn to be replayed

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: [HACKERS] make async slave to wait for lsn to be replayed
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 14, 2024 at 3:46 PM Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 12, 2024 at 11:36 AM Kartyshov Ivan
> <i.kartyshov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> >
> > Hi, Alexander, Here, I made some improvements according to your
> > discussion with Heikki.
> >
> > On 2024-04-11 18:09, Alexander Korotkov wrote:

> > > Thank you for catching this.  I think WaitForLSN() just needs to call
> > > deleteLSNWaiter() unconditionally after exit from the loop.
> >
> > Fix and add injection point test on this race condition.

> > Fix documentation and add extra tests on multi-standby replication
> > and cascade replication.
>
> Thank you for the revised patch.
>
> I see couple of items which are not addressed in this revision.
>  * As Heikki pointed, that it's currently not possible in one round
> trip to call call pg_wal_replay_wait() and do other job.  The attached
> patch addresses this.  It milds the requirement.  Now, it's not
> necessary to be in atomic context.  It's only necessary to have no
> active snapshot.  This new requirement works for me so far.  I
> appreciate a feedback on this.
>  * As Alvaro pointed, multiple waiters case isn't covered by the test
> suite.  That leads to no coverage of some code paths.  The attached
> patch addresses this by adding a test case with multiple waiters.
>
> The rest looks good to me.

Oh, I forgot some notes about 044_wal_replay_wait_injection_test.pl.

1. It's not clear why this test needs node_standby2 at all.  It seems useless.
2. The target LSN is set to pg_current_wal_insert_lsn() + 10000.  This
location seems to be unachievable in this test.  So, it's not clear
what race condition this test could potentially detect.
3. I think it would make sense to check for the race condition
reported by Heikki.  That is to insert the injection point at the
beginning of WaitLSNSetLatches().

Links.
1.
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAPpHfdvGRssjqwX1%2Bidm5Tu-eWsTcx6DthB2LhGqA1tZ29jJaw%40mail.gmail.com#557900e860457a9e24256c93a2ad4920

------
Regards,
Alexander Korotkov
Supabase

От: Alexander Lakhin
Сообщение: Re: Failures in constraints regression test, "read only 0 of 8192 bytes"
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: Schema variables - new implementation for Postgres 15