Re: pg_stats and range statistics

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: pg_stats and range statistics
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Nov 25, 2023 at 10:58 AM jian he <jian.universality@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 25, 2023 at 7:06 AM Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> > Additionally, I found that the current patch can't handle infinite
> > range bounds and discards information about inclusiveness of range
> > bounds.  The infinite bounds could be represented as NULL (while I'm
> > not sure how good this representation is).  Regarding inclusiveness, I
> > don't see the possibility to represent them in a reasonable way within
> > an array of base types.  I also don't feel good about discarding the
> > accuracy in the pg_stats view.
> >

> in range_length_histogram, maybe we can document that when calculating
> the length of a range, inclusiveness will be true.

I've revised the patchset.  Edited comment in pg_statistic.h as you
proposed.  And I've added to the documentation a short note on how the
range length histogram is calculated.

------
Regards,
Alexander Korotkov

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Changing references of password encryption to hashing
От: Alexander Korotkov
Сообщение: Re: pg_stats and range statistics