Re: Manage analytics through tag manager?

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Manage analytics through tag manager?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
> On 2 Jul 2020, at 11:01, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

>  ..for what I'm trying to achieve right now it seems like I'm being asked to jump through a 30cm hoop that's being
dangledfrom the top of a 4 storey building.

To be fair, I think the shape and placement of the hoops would've been
different if it was made clear(er) from the start that the proposal was to
measure outbound traffic for a *limited period*.  At least I didn't understand
that until this email.

Settling on the future analytics needs for postgresql.org sounds like a topic
well suited for an unconference style discussion, maybe we'll end up changing
nothing but it's worth discussing.

What we can do to address concerns with tracking in the meantime is to honor
the DoNotTrack header in the site template, and only load GA/GTM in case
navigator.doNotTrack isn't set.  Something like the (completely untested)
attached migth be all we need?  The diff also removes the ability to load GA
over http, which we clearly shouldn't allow (and since moving the site to all
https we don't anyways IIUC).

cheers ./daniel

Вложения

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: Manage analytics through tag manager?
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: Manage analytics through tag manager?