Re: Versionning (was: Whole-row comparison)

Тема Re: Versionning (was: Whole-row comparison)
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi Andrew,

I must admit I don't really understand what you say.  I don't know what
SRF stand for, and what you say about generic case is not clear to me,
sorry.

My idea is that using a parameter table allows me to keep using a view,
which is optimized for instance when used against a WHERE condition.

For example, I could write :

CREATE VIEW bsc_view AS
SELECT  <fields>
FROM bsc_table
WHERE (obj_id, ver_id) IN (SELECT obj_id, max(ver_id) FROM bsc_table, param_table    WHERE ver_id <= param_table.ver_id
    GROUP BY obj_id));

and the following statement would be optimized:

UPDATE param_table SET ver_id = xxx;
SELECT * FROM bsc_view WHERE obj_id = yyy;

which would not be the case would I have used a multi-row function.

Does this make sense ?

Thanks a lot,
Christian

От: Andrew Sullivan
Сообщение: Re: Versionning (was: Whole-row comparison)
От: chester c young
Сообщение: schema propagation