Re: Question about wal_compression and what to expect

От Scott Ribe
Тема Re: Question about wal_compression and what to expect
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> On Jun 21, 2023, at 7:51 AM, Sean O'Grady <sean@thingee.com> wrote:
>
> Yes, my question was essentially do I need to separately compress WAL files for storage/archiving even with
wal_compressionset. So, I think you've answered my question.

If WAL files use per-page compression internally, you won't get much benefit from compressing them. If they use lz4
internally,then sure, bzip'ing them will get a little benefit, but nowhere near the normal amount.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: SSL cert "not initialized" error with logical replication with 13.11
От: Sean O'Grady
Сообщение: Re: Question about wal_compression and what to expect