Re: MS Access Frontend

От Martin Gainty
Тема Re: MS Access Frontend
Дата
Список pgsql-general
commenting to Jason that majority of my work in the 90s was read from one DB write to another DB
via ODBC2JDBC driver
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-phase_commit_protocol

Also 2 factor DB authentication was not implemented by Access
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Database_security

Feel free to ping me offline if you're interested in implementing ODBC2JDBC driver as an option
Good Luck!

From: bret_stern <bret_stern@machinemanagement.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 30, 2019 7:14 PM
To: pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org <pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: MS Access Frontend

My two cents. Access is awesome. Extremley fast prototyping environment.
Found on most pc's in businesses. Great reporting tools.
It is my go-to tool for prototyping DB structures, reports, great
import/export tools, and boatloads of people who are glad to share
vba code and solutions

My only bitch is the dumbing down of the application by Microsoft,
Adding bands, and hiding past tools...killing the performance with xml
bs..."there, I feel better now"

Libre Base does alot of the same things, just a different way.

If learning is the point of this discussion, then learn as much as
possible about each one.

I started using win32 back in odd-06 with ODBC and direct db-api calls,
but have steadily drifted towards RAD environments...although there's
great satisfaction and control the lower you go.

When the prototyping is over , I've been pushing Lazarus as my
multi-plateform development environment.

It still pisses me off how abused Excel is, but people don't know the
difference.

Keep on rockin