RE: Psql meta-command conninfo+

От Maiquel Grassi
Тема RE: Psql meta-command conninfo+
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

>On 2024-02-08 20:37 +0100, Jim Jones wrote:
>> One thing I just noticed. The psql autocomplete feature does not suggest
>> the new + option of \conninfo. For instance, when typing "\connin[TAB]"
>> it automatically autocompletes to "\conninfo ". I guess it should also
>> be included in this patch.
>
>Modifiers such as + or S in \dS are not covered by autocompletion.
>src/bin/psql/tab-complete.c only specifies backslash commands in their
>basic form (without modifiers).
>
>(\dS<TAB> actually autocompletes to \ds to my surprise)
>
>> I can do a more thorough review of the code when you add the
>> documentation and tests to the patch.
>
>I noticed that the pattern parameter in listConnectionInformation is
>unused.  exec_command_conninfo scans the pattern but \conninfo should
>not accept any argument.  So the pattern can be removed entirely.

--//--

Hi Erik,

Exactly, in "\conninfo+" the "pattern" argument was not introduced and
therefore "listConnectionInformation()" can be declared (signed) without
any arguments. In the future, if necessary, and if there is a need to add
any "pattern", then that can be done. However, that's not the current
scenario. I removed everything related to the "pattern" from the patch.

Regarding "(\dS<TAB> actually autocompletes to \ds to my surprise)",
I was also surprised. I haven't studied the code yet to understand why
this happens. It seems curious to me. I'll try to understand this
implementation better.

I'm continuing the development of "\conninfo+" and now moving on to tests.

Tks a lot!

Regards,
Maiquel Grassi.

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: "ERROR: latch already owned" on gharial
От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: Reducing connection overhead in pg_upgrade compat check phase