Re: meson: pgxs Makefile.global differences

От Tristan Partin
Тема Re: meson: pgxs Makefile.global differences
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

<https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=crake&dt=2023-08-16%2018%3A37%3A25&stg=FileTextArrayFDW-build>

> which has this:
>
> cc1: warning: ‘-Wformat-security’ ignored without ‘-Wformat’
> [-Wformat-security]
>
> I found that the pgxs Makefile.global built under meson is a bit
> different. On debug builds for both this is what I get on HEAD (meson)
> and REL_15_STABLE (autoconf), stripped of the current components:
>
>           HEAD: CFLAGS =-Wshadow=compatible-local
> REL_15_STABLE: CFLAGS =-Wall  -g
>
> The warning is apparently due to the missing -Wall.
>
> Shouldn't we be aiming for pretty much identical settings?

I agree that they should be identical. The meson bild should definitely
be aiming for 100% compatibility for the Makefile.global.

--
Tristan Partin
Neon (https://neon.tech)

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: meson: pgxs Makefile.global differences
От: Chapman Flack
Сообщение: Re: Extract numeric filed in JSONB more effectively