Re: How to control which Python interpreter Postgres uses?

От Ni Ne
Тема Re: How to control which Python interpreter Postgres uses?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
We haven't moved to venvs yet here, so was trying to override the default Python interpreter file that postgre will use.

I did some more research and I can't see any way to adjust this behavior without compiling postgres from source, as Tom mentioned.

Here is an article from someone else with the same problem as me, solved by supplying proper configure flags during compilation:

From: Wells Oliver <wells.oliver@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, November 1, 2021 5:08 PM
To: Ni Ne <nineoften@hotmail.com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>; pgsql-admin@lists.postgresql.org <pgsql-admin@lists.postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: How to control which Python interpreter Postgres uses?

Apologies if I'm misunderstanding, but you can specify a virtual env (so any interpreter) as we did here:

CREATE FUNCTION slack (msg text)
    RETURNS boolean
AS $$
    hook = 'https://...'
    activate_this = '/opt/python/env/bin/activate_this.py'
    exec(open(activate_this).read(), dict(__file__=activate_this))
    from slack_sdk.webhook import WebhookClient
    import ssl
    ssl_context = ssl.create_default_context()
    ssl_context.check_hostname = False
    ssl_context.verify_mode = ssl.CERT_NONE
    webhook = WebhookClient(hook, ssl=ssl_context)
    webhook.send(text=msg)
    return True
$$ LANGUAGE plpython3u;

On Mon, Nov 1, 2021 at 3:06 PM Ni Ne <nineoften@hotmail.com> wrote:
Would I recompile the plpython package or postgres itself?

От: Wells Oliver
Сообщение: Re: How to control which Python interpreter Postgres uses?
От: Ron
Сообщение: Re: How to control which Python interpreter Postgres uses?