Re: Where can I find the doxyfile?

От John Morris
Тема Re: Where can I find the doxyfile?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

>> We also have a handful of .cpp files.

Fortunately, our .cpp files are simple and do not include C++ specific features.
We shouldn’t have any problem adding .cpp to the filter list.

At some point it will be necessary to support general C++, but I wasn’t planning to do it yet.

>> This file isn't really following postgres coding style - any reason not to do so?

I’ll update it to Postgres commenting. The filter started as a standalone project.

>> What do you mean with "build time error messages" specifically? Why would we
>> want to output anything at build time (rather than configure time)?

“build time error messages” occur after typing “ninja”.

Documentation is usually produced long after meson setup messages have been forgotten.
It is much more useful to see “Please install the doxygen program” after typing “ninja doxygen”
than to see “target not supported”, or to have to look through the setup log.

It’s personal preference, but I think the sgml docs should display a similar message.

>> I'd add "native: true", it'd not work to find the program in the target
>> environment of a cross build.
Got it. Thanks.

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: confusing / inefficient "need_transcoding" handling in copy
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations