RE: [SQL] incrementing by the second

От Jackson, DeJuan
Тема RE: [SQL] incrementing by the second
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> I have 96,000 records in a postgres table that has an unpopulated field
> for
> datetime.  I need the value in that field to be unique, but the ACTUAL
> value isn't really that important.  I'd like to begin with the first
> record, enter a date and time, and then increment that value by one second
>
> for the next field, one second for the next, and so on.  Can I do this
> directly from within psql??  I could do this in dbase w/ no problem, but
> I'm really not that familiar with sql syntax. . .
>
> jt

You might be able to do it with a creative use of a sequence.

create sequence my_seq;
create table test ( my_d datetime PRIMARY KEY DEFAULT
now()+(nextval('my_seq') || ' seconds'), ...)

You still have problems with duplicates happening as in my reply to your
othe message.
you can take the default (now()+(nextval('my_seq') || ' seconds')) and use
it in an INSERT statement to the same effect.
-DEJ

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Jackson, DeJuan"
Сообщение: RE: [SQL] filling an empty table w/ defaults defined
От: JT Kirkpatrick
Сообщение: RE: [SQL] incrementing by the second