Re: boolean in C

От Dann Corbit
Тема Re: boolean in C
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

It's more or less a generic problem.  There is only a handful of fully
functional C99 compilers[0], and all the others have "Some c99 features"
to one degree or another.

Microsoft's compiler is particularly abysmal, but then again, they have
no claims of C99 compliance so there is nothing to complain about there.
Those few features that they do implement are implemented in a
non-standard way.

GCC is also only partially compliant[1].

I believe that the Dinkum library is the only certified C99 standard
library[2] as well.

[0] see: http://www.peren.com/pages/branding_set.htm
[1] see: http://gcc.gnu.org/c99status.html
[2] see: http://www.dinkumware.com/manuals/

I don't think that a product (that is expected to run on as many
platforms as PostgreSQL is expected to run on) is even possible to write
in C99 code because there are not enough compliant compilers available.

IMO-YMMV

От: Bernd Helmle
Сообщение: Re: boolean in C
От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: Status report: getting plpgsql to use the core lexer