Re: Triggering from a specific column update

От Bob Pawley
Тема Re: Triggering from a specific column update
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm trying to trigger from an update.

However the trigger functions when any column has been updated.

I have columns pump1 and pump2 and column serial.

When pump1 is updated the trigger function performs properly. (one row is
returned)

When pump2 is updated the trigger function returns  two rows )one row for
column pump1 and one for column pump2) I end up with two rows of  pump1 and
one row of pump2.

If I write the function with a null such as --
 If new.pump1 = 'True'
 then
 Insert into p_id.devices (p_id_id, process_id,  fluid_id, status,
process_graphics_id, device_description)
 select (p_id.processes.p_id_id), (p_id.processes.process_id),
(p_id.processes.fluid_id), ('Pump #1'), ('11'), ('Pump')
 from p_id.processes
 where new.pump1 = 'True'
 and p_id.processes.pump2 is null;

it works fine returning what I want. However, when the serial column is
updated I get a return which includes pump1 and pump2 as well as the serial
column.

Hope this elucidates you?

Bob

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Triggering from a specific column update
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Triggering from a specific column update