Re: Need some urgent help.

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Need some urgent help.
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

-----Original Message-----
From: Naveen Kaul [mailto:naveenk@systelinc.com]
Sent: 27 May 2002 11:10
To: Dave Page; pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] Need some urgent help.

Hi Dave,

I have a problem with postgres. One of my table hold about 65,000 records. If I use the simple select * on this table, the pgadmin tool hangs and the postgres throws up the following exception.

"NOTICE:  Message from PostgreSQL backend:
        The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend
        died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
        I have rolled back the current transaction and am
        going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
        Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
        before or while processing the request."

I wonder what could be wrong. I increased the the buffer size from 256 to 512. Still the same thing.

I don't know what would cause this (pgAdmin will load over 65535 records so it's not a 16 bit overflow at the client end), as you say though, the message is coming from PostgreSQL, not pgAdmin - perhaps someone on pgsql-general@postgresql.org may have some idea?

Sorry I can't be more help.

Regards, Dave.