Re: Issues tangential to win32 support

От Dann Corbit
Тема Re: Issues tangential to win32 support
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

I explained it in another mail.

We had quite a few changes we had to make (several hundred man-hours,
about half of which was the POSIX layer and the precise time routines).

No sense trying to simulate fork() -- it stinks on Win32.  The Cygwin
and PW32 implementations of fork() are dogs.  Smarter folks than us
tried it and failed miserably.  Why reinvent a broken wheel?  We use
create process and our own startup code.  Our version is competitive
with fork() on Linux for spawning tasks and in general the queries run
considerably faster.

От: mlw
Сообщение: Re: Issues tangential to win32 support
От: Hannu Krosing
Сообщение: Re: Issues tangential to win32 support