Re: non-superuser login phpPgAdmin PostgreSQL 9.1

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: non-superuser login phpPgAdmin PostgreSQL 9.1
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
johnkn63 wrote:
> Thank you for your patience. Whilst this is the error one gets for a
wrong
> password, this is not the case here simply changing the status of the
user
> to superuser without touching the password allows the user to login,
> removing superuser status the reverse.
>
> This login error might be caused by the following, or something
similar:-

> "pg_upgrade already starts the postmaster with a -b option that
disables
> non-super-user logins:
>
>     /*
>      * Binary upgrades only allowed super-user connections
>      */
>     if (IsBinaryUpgrade && !am_superuser)
>     {
>         ereport(FATAL,
>                 (errcode(ERRCODE_INSUFFICIENT_PRIVILEGE),
>              errmsg("must be superuser to connect in binary upgrade
> mode")));
>     } "
>
> taken from

http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/new-maintenance-db-options-td571
4000.html

http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/new-maintenance-db-options-td571
4000.html
> . This seems to be new in 9.1 .

That's if you started the server with -b.
Don't do that.

I guess I misunderstood the original problem.
I thought that you only have a problem with phpPgAdmin.

Can you connect with
"psql -h 127.0.0.1 -U nonsuperuser -d database" ?

> pg_hba.conf  is the standard
>
>    local   all    postgres            peer
>   local   all             all            peer
>   host    all             all        127.0.0.1/32            md5
>   host    all             all        ::1/128                 md5

That should be OK as long as you only connect from localhost.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: johnkn63
Сообщение: Re: non-superuser login phpPgAdmin PostgreSQL 9.1
От: Christian Ullrich
Сообщение: Problem with pg_upgrade 9.2 on Windows