dblink performance

От Alex Bible
Тема dblink performance
Дата
Re: dblink performance  (Bruno Lavoie <bruno.lavoie@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general

Hello All,

I’m currently on a development team utilizing PostgreSQL and we are looking into the possibility of using dblink to reference an external database (read only). Our system administrator and DBA were concerned about the performance impact that cross-database queries would have on a production application. Are there any known performance issues or anything of the like that I would need to know before pushing this issue further? I have been using PostgreSQL for the past couple months but this is my first time using dblink. I really just need an opinion from someone who has used this technology before. Thanks!

Alexander E. Bible

700 Delaware Ave.
Buffalo, NY 14226

Tel:  (716)-888-3687
Mobile: (716)-472-9655
alex.bible@ctg.com

it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
intended recipient is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this
message, please contact the sender and delete this material from this computer.

От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: making "\pset pager off" the default
Сообщение: Re: [pgadmin-support] Help for Migration