Re: [GENERAL] Backup strategy using 'wal_keep_segments'

От Rhhh Lin
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Backup strategy using 'wal_keep_segments'
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Thanks very much for your reply Michael.

I note that it looks like pgbarman employs pg_receivexlog; I will check it out.

Regards,

Ruan

From: Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>
Sent: 22 October 2017 22:17:01
To: Rhhh Lin
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Backup strategy using 'wal_keep_segments'

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 5:57 AM, Rhhh Lin <ruanlinehan@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Is this approach feasible? Assuming obviously, we have sufficient disk space
> to facilitate 1000 WAL files etc.

You expose yourself to race conditions with such methods if a
checkpoint has the bad idea to recycle past segments that your logic
is copying. So I would advise to not do that. Instead of using the
archive command, you should also consider using pg_receivexlog
combined with a replication slot. This brings way more control with
the error handling.
--
Michael

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Two versions of an extension in the same cluster?
От: basti
Сообщение: [GENERAL] Allow only certain query on replication slave