Re: pg_restore 14 skips ACL COLUMN when --schema is used

От Kong Man
Тема Re: pg_restore 14 skips ACL COLUMN when --schema is used
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom,
You are right.  'Neither a TABLE nor a COLUMN ACL' are pg_restore-d, when I use -n or --schema without the TABLE toc entry.

Not knowing the behavioral change to pg_restore since PG11, I struggled to search for the root cause and made a wrong assumption based on the end result from my script.

What I do in my dbsnapshot script (to build DB baselines at each release cycle for DevOps) is (1) to pg_restore using only relevant SCHEMA toc entries, then (2) with pg_restore -n to scope out only relevant schemas it restores everything from $dumpfile.  It has been working well on PG10 for several years until we upgraded a few months ago.

Step 2 there should have included the 'public.event' table (that I showed in the previous message), because the table actually got restored with the table privileges.  I still struggle to find out why the column privileges are still missing.

Here are some simplified snippets from my script.

tocfile=/tmp/DBA-710.toc
dumpfile=/tmp/DBA-710.dump
pg_restore --list $dumpfile >$tocfile

DB=appdb
SCHEMAS=(public appschema1 appschema2)
exclusion='londiste|POLICY|PUBLICATION TABLE'
restopts=(-d "service=target dbname=$DB")

Log "[$DB]" "    restore SCHEMAs: "$(IFS='|'; cat <<<"${SCHEMAS[*]}")
pg_restore "${restopts[@]}" \
  --use-list=<(grep -A1 SCHEMA $tocfile|   # only relevant SCHEMA & ACL SCHEMA entries
               grep -E "\s("$(IFS='|'; cat <<<"${SCHEMAS[*]}")")\s") \
  $dumpfile

restopts+=($(printf " -n %s" ${SCHEMAS[@]}))  # Scope out for only relevant schemas
Log "[$DB]" "    restore data definitions"
pg_restore "${restopts[@]}" \
  --use-list=<(grep -Ev "$exclusion" $tocfile) \
  $dumpfile

Thanks,
-Kong

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: (record = record) inconsistent with record_eq(arg1, arg2)
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: (record = record) inconsistent with record_eq(arg1, arg2)