Re: Need to run pg_dump from the laptop without entering the password

От M Sarwar
Тема Re: Need to run pg_dump from the laptop without entering the password
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Erik,
  1. After seeing your email, I have verified another time now. It is a RDS endpoint.
I see that host naming convention followed correct. Case sensitivity is not an issue.

  1. Yes, N28068  is the user. At this time, I am running the script manually. My plan is to schedule the script thru a job and the owner is going to be N28068 .
Thanks,
Sarwar

From: Erik Wienhold <ewie@ewie.name>
Sent: Sunday, October 22, 2023 7:19 PM
To: M Sarwar <sarwarmd02@outlook.com>
Cc: Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com>; pgsql-admin@lists.postgresql.org <pgsql-admin@lists.postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: Need to run pg_dump from the laptop without entering the password

On 2023-10-23 00:31 +0200, M Sarwar wrote:
> Now Error Message:- "pg_dump: error: connection to database "ngbrpesb" failed: fe_sendauth: no password supplied"

Could be that the hostname in pgpass.conf does not match the hostname in
the connection parameters.  The hostname in pgpass.conf is
case-sensitive (not mentioned in the docs), so it must match the exact
spelling as in the connection parameters.

> File names attempted:-
>
>   1.  C:\Users\N28068\AppData\Roaming\pgAdmin\pgpass.conf
>   2.  C:\Users\N28068\AppData\Roaming\pgAdmin\.pgpass
>   3.  C:\Users\N28068\AppData\Roaming\postgresql\pgpass.conf

Path #3 should be the correct one if user N28068 runs pg_dump.  You also
wrote that you want to schedule the execution of pg_dump.  Does the
scheduled job also run as that user?

--
Erik

От: Erik Wienhold
Сообщение: Re: Need to run pg_dump from the laptop without entering the password
От: M Sarwar
Сообщение: Re: Need to run pg_dump from the laptop without entering the password