Re: Need to run pg_dump from the laptop without entering the password

От M Sarwar
Тема Re: Need to run pg_dump from the laptop without entering the password
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Ron / Erik,
That did work.
  1. I just corrected the file name from .pgpass to pgpass.cong.
  2. While invoking pg_dump, I just added user name. Earlier, I did not give user name by thinking that it will pick up from pgpass.conf.
Thank you so much!
Sarwar

From: M Sarwar <sarwarmd02@outlook.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 22, 2023 9:30 PM
To: Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com>; pgsql-admin@lists.postgresql.org <pgsql-admin@lists.postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: Need to run pg_dump from the laptop without entering the password

Hi Ron,
Yes, I have verified the host naming convention.
 It is a RDS endpoint.
I see that host naming convention followed correct. Case sensitivity is not an issue.
Thanks,
Sarwar

От: M Sarwar
Сообщение: Re: Need to run pg_dump from the laptop without entering the password
От: Tomek
Сообщение: Re: Need assistance for replication sync issue