Re: error-free disabling of individual child partition

От Zeugswetter Andreas DCP SD
Тема Re: error-free disabling of individual child partition
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Added to TODO:
>
>         o Add ALTER TABLE tab ADD/DROP INHERITS parent

Sounds good, more inline with add/drop constraint.

>           pg_attribute.attislocal has to be set to 'false' for ADD,
and
>> attislocal: If you set this to False, you wouldn't be able to set it
>> back again.

Just curious, why is that ?

>           pg_attribute.attinhcount adjusted appropriately

Do we have a plan on what to do with RI constraints on the parent
when doing DROP INHERTITS ?
Seems all FK tables would need to be checked for keys in the local
table.
(Not sure whether we have PK on tab*, but it seems you could do it when
the
partitioning column is part of the PK)

Andreas

От: "Qingqing Zhou"
Сообщение: Re: LIKE, leading percent, bind parameters and indexes
От: Hannu Krosing
Сообщение: Re: error-free disabling of individual child partition