Re: Why does this not work? (finally)

От Johann Zuschlag
Тема Re: Why does this not work? (finally)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 11 Apr 2002 14:45:06 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

>> Is there a solution for such a problem?
>
>Don't use varchar(n) --- use text.  You can still enforce the length
>limit you want inside the trigger, if you really want a length limit
>at all.

Thanks to all, for your help. It seems it is not possible.
Ok, I go for the text solution. The only trouble is, I have
to debug my application to see what nonsense it is
trying to do. But postgresql/psqlodbc is good help doing
that.

IIRC there is no speed difference between varchar and text?

regards

Johann Zuschlag
zuschlag@online.de

От: Jan Wieck
Сообщение: Re: Why does this not work?
От: Gunther Schadow
Сообщение: Re: Critical performance problems on large databases