Data about rate of downloads

От Ilir Gashi
Тема Data about rate of downloads
Дата
Re: Data about rate of downloads  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

My name is Ilir Gashi and I am a PhD student at the Centre for Software
Reliability, City University, London, UK. I was wondering if anyone can
help me with the following question:

- Are the numbers of downloads of a particular release of the PostgreSQL
server recorded anywhere centrally, and if (at least approximatly) these
numbers are known, can they be shared?

We are interested on doing some research on how much the classical Software
Reliability Growth models can be used for Reliability predictions of a
server based on the bug reports for that server and the download rates.
This work would form some part of my PhD thesis and, since we are an
academic insitution, all the work and findings would be made available
freely.

Appologies if I have posted this question on the wrong list, in which case
I would be very grateful for suggestions on where I should then post this
question.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Ilir

P.S. Just to clarify, we are purely interested on the numbers, not the
identities of the 'downloaders'.

Ilir Gashi
PhD Student
Centre for Software Reliability
City University
Northampton Square, London EC1V 0HB
Tel: +44 20 7040 0273
Fax: +44 20 7040 8585
email: i.gashi@city.ac.uk
website: http://www.csr.city.ac.uk/csr_city/staff/gashi/

От: "Leif B. Kristensen"
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Me And My Database
От: Rodrigo Gonzalez
Сообщение: Re: Data about rate of downloads