BUG #6618: incorrect restore for composite columns when order changes

От rikard.pavelic@zg.htnet.hr
Тема BUG #6618: incorrect restore for composite columns when order changes
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      6618
Logged by:          Rikard Pavelic
Email address:      rikard.pavelic@zg.htnet.hr
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.3
Operating system:   Windows 7

We've run into another issue with composite types.
I've search internets but didn't find any reference to this, so I guess it's
not a documented problem.

Steps to reproduce problem:
1) create composite type
2) use composite type as column in a table
3) clone database
4) change order of attributes in cloned database
5) dump to plain sql with column names
6) restore sql dump to cloned database

Problem:
Composite type will be restored in order from original instead of cloned
database.

While I don't see a nice solution to this problem, it's not a too big issue
for us.
Just trying to document some more gotchas with composite types ;(

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: hstore parser incorrectly handles malformed input
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: 291 pg_toast_temp schemas?