pgsql: Further tweaking of the readfile() function in pg_ctl.

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема pgsql: Further tweaking of the readfile() function in pg_ctl.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Further tweaking of the readfile() function in pg_ctl.

Don't leak a file descriptor if the file is empty or we can't read its size.

Expect there to be a newline at the end of the last line, too. If there
isn't, ignore anything after the last newline. This makes it a tiny bit
more robust in case the file is appended to concurrently, so that we don't
return the last line if it hasn't been fully written yet. And this makes
the code a bit less obscure, anyway. Per Tom Lane's suggestion.

Backpatch to all supported branches.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/2a49585e2b2ee43618e9f1107e21781c5f71f6c1

Modified Files
src/bin/pg_ctl/pg_ctl.c |   15 +++++++++++----

От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: pgsql: Further tweaking of the readfile() function in pg_ctl.
От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: pgsql: Further tweaking of the readfile() function in pg_ctl.