pgsql: Only issue LOCK TABLE commands when necessary

От Stephen Frost
Тема pgsql: Only issue LOCK TABLE commands when necessary
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Only issue LOCK TABLE commands when necessary

Reviewing the cases where we need to LOCK a given table during a dump,
it was pointed out by Tom that we really don't need to LOCK a table if
we are only looking to dump the ACL for it, or certain other
components.  After reviewing the queries run for all of the component
pieces, a list of components were determined to not require LOCK'ing
of the table.

This implements a check to avoid LOCK'ing those tables.

Initial complaint from Rushabh Lathia, discussed with Robert and Tom,
the patch is mine.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/e1b120a8cbb0f39a79926fd173f33e57202cdfa0

Modified Files
src/bin/pg_dump/pg_dump.c |  5 ++++-
src/bin/pg_dump/pg_dump.h | 27 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++

От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: pgsql: Add TAP tests for pg_dump
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: pgsql: pg_dump performance and other fixes