[COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix cardinality estimates for parallel joins.

От Robert Haas
Тема [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix cardinality estimates for parallel joins.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Fix cardinality estimates for parallel joins.

For a partial path, the cardinality estimate needs to reflect the
number of rows we think each worker will see, rather than the total
number of rows; otherwise, costing will go wrong.  The previous coding
got this completely wrong for parallel joins.

Unfortunately, this change may destabilize plans for users of 9.6 who
have enabled parallel query, but since 9.6 is still fairly new I'm
hoping expectations won't be too settled yet.  Also, this is really a
brown-paper-bag bug, so leaving it unfixed for the entire lifetime of
9.6 seems unwise.

Related reports (whose import I initially failed to recognize) by
Tomas Vondra and Tom Lane.

Discussion: http://postgr.es/m/CA+TgmoaDxZ5z5Kw_oCQoymNxNoVaTCXzPaODcOuao=CzK8dMZw@mail.gmail.com

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/0c2070cefa0e5d097b715c9a3b9b5499470019aa

Modified Files
src/backend/optimizer/path/costsize.c | 74 +++++++++++++++++++++++------------

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix field order in struct catcache.
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix a bug in how we generate partition constraints.