pgsql: Second try at fixing numeric data passed through an ECPG SQLDA.

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Second try at fixing numeric data passed through an ECPG SQLDA.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Second try at fixing numeric data passed through an ECPG SQLDA.

In commit ecfd55795, I removed sqlda.c's checks for ndigits != 0 on the
grounds that we should duplicate the state of the numeric value's digit
buffer even when all the digits are zeroes.  However, that still isn't
quite right, because another possible state of the digit buffer is
buf == digits == NULL (this occurs for a NaN).  As the code now stands,
it'll invoke memcpy with a NULL source address and zero bytecount,
which we know a few platforms crash on.  Hence, reinstate the no-copy
short-circuit, but make it test specifically for buf != NULL rather than
some other condition.  In hindsight, the ndigits test (added by commit
f2ae9f9c3) was almost certainly meant to fix the NaN case not the
all-zeroes case as the associated thread alleged.

As before, back-patch to all supported versions.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/1803D792815FC24D871C00D17AE95905C71161@g01jpexmbkw24

Branch
------
REL_11_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/4618fdd674128ad62096619d449f248b0ecc3ed7

Modified Files
src/interfaces/ecpg/ecpglib/sqlda.c                | 25 ++++++++++++++--------
src/interfaces/ecpg/test/expected/sql-sqlda.c      |  2 +-
src/interfaces/ecpg/test/expected/sql-sqlda.stderr |  2 +-
src/interfaces/ecpg/test/expected/sql-sqlda.stdout |  8 +++----
src/interfaces/ecpg/test/sql/sqlda.pgc             |  2 +-

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: pgsql: Lower lock level for renaming indexes
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: pgsql: Add a timezone-specific variant of date_trunc().