pgsql: Make BufFileCreateTemp() ensure that temp tablespaces are setup

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Make BufFileCreateTemp() ensure that temp tablespaces are setup
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Make BufFileCreateTemp() ensure that temp tablespaces are set up.

If PrepareTempTablespaces() has never been called in the current
transaction, OpenTemporaryFile() will fall back to using the default
tablespace, which is a bug if the user wanted temp files placed elsewhere.
gistInitBuildBuffers() appears to have this disease already, and it
seems like an easy trap for future coders to fall into.

We discussed other ways to close this gap, but none of them are prettier
or more reliable than just having BufFileCreateTemp do it.  In particular,
having fd.c do this creates layering issues that we could do without.

Per suggestion from Melanie Plageman.  Arguably this is a bug fix, but
nobody seems very excited about back-patching, so change in HEAD only.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/CAAKRu_YwzjuGAmmaw4-8XO=OVFGR1QhY_Pq-t3wjb9ribBJb_Q@mail.gmail.com

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/93f03dad824f14f40519597e5e4a8fe7b6df858e

Modified Files
src/backend/storage/file/buffile.c | 12 ++++++++++++
1 file changed, 12 insertions(+)

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: pgsql: docs: tighten up PG 12 release note item on 1k partitions
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: pgsql: ANSI-ify a few straggler K&R-style function definitions.