pgsql: Add an ugly workaround for a bug in some recent libedit versions

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Add an ugly workaround for a bug in some recent libedit versions
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Add an ugly workaround for a bug in some recent libedit versions.

Debian unstable is shipping a broken version of libedit: it de-escapes
words before passing them to the application's tab completion function,
preventing us from recognizing backslash commands.  Fortunately,
we have enough information available to dig the original text out of
rl_line_buffer, so ignore the string argument and do that.

I view this as a temporary workaround to get the affected buildfarm
members back to green in the wake of 7c015045b.  I hope we can get
rid of it once somebody fixes Debian's libedit; hence, no back-patch,
at least for now.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/20200103110128.GA28967@msg.df7cb.de

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/ddd87d564508bb1c80aac0a4439cfe74a3c203a9

Modified Files
src/bin/psql/tab-complete.c | 9 ++++++++-

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Add basic TAP tests for psql's tab-completion logic.
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: pgsql: Further fixes for tab-completion TAP tests.