pgsql: change wire protocol data type for history file content

От Bruce Momjian
Тема pgsql: change wire protocol data type for history file content
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
change wire protocol data type for history file content

This was marked as BYTEA, but is more like TEXT, which is how we already
pass the history timeline file name.  Internally, we don't do any
encoding or bytea escape handling, but TEXT seems closest.  This should
cause no behavioral change.

Reported-by: Brar Piening

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/6a1b9cd9-17e3-df67-be55-86102af6bdf5@gmx.de

Backpatch-through: master

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/66a8f090485e3e897a4804121fdbe856cba72d70

Modified Files
doc/src/sgml/protocol.sgml          | 6 ++++--
src/backend/replication/walsender.c | 2 +-

От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: pgsql: Remove tests that don't work on Windows.
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: pgsql: doc: wire protocol data type for history file content is bytea