pgsql: Remove configure-time probe for DocBook DTD.

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Remove configure-time probe for DocBook DTD.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Remove configure-time probe for DocBook DTD.

Checking for DocBook being installed was valuable when we were on the
OpenSP docs toolchain, because that was rather hard to get installed
fully.  Nowadays, as long as you have xmllint and xsltproc installed,
you're good, because those programs will fetch the DocBook files off
the net at need.  Moreover, testing this at configure time means that
a network access may well occur whether or not you have any interest
in building the docs later.  That can be slow (typically 2 or 3
seconds, though much higher delays have been reported), and it seems
not very nice to be doing an off-machine access without warning, too.

Hence, drop the PGAC_CHECK_DOCBOOK probe, and adjust related
documentation.  Without that macro, there's not much left of
config/docbook.m4 at all, so I just removed it.

Back-patch to v11, where we started to use xmllint in the
PGAC_CHECK_DOCBOOK probe.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/E2EE6B76-2D96-408A-B961-CAE47D1A86F0@yesql.se
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/A55A7FC9-FA60-47FE-98B5-139CDC57CE6E@gmail.com

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/4823c4f6ac770ebd49b63b0ce64ecfe82987af57

Modified Files
aclocal.m4                 |   1 -
config/docbook.m4          |  40 -------------
configure.ac               |   7 +--
doc/src/sgml/docguide.sgml |  38 +++++++++----

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: pgsql: Prevent parallel index build in a standalone backend.
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: pgsql: Document concurrent indexes waiting on each other