pgsql: Suppress warning about stack_base_ptr with late-model GCC.

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Suppress warning about stack_base_ptr with late-model GCC.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Suppress warning about stack_base_ptr with late-model GCC.

GCC 12 complains that set_stack_base is storing the address of
a local variable in a long-lived pointer.  This is an entirely
reasonable warning (indeed, it just helped us find a bug);
but that behavior is intentional here.  We can work around it
by using __builtin_frame_address(0) instead of a specific local
variable; that produces an address a dozen or so bytes different,
in my testing, but we don't care about such a small difference.
Maybe someday a compiler lacking that function will start to issue
a similar warning, but we'll worry about that when it happens.

Patch by me, per a suggestion from Andres Freund.  Back-patch to
v12, which is as far back as the patch will go without some pain.
(Recently-established project policy would permit a back-patch as
far as 9.2, but I'm disinclined to expend the work until GCC 12
is much more widespread.)

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/3773792.1645141467@sss.pgh.pa.us

Branch
------
REL_14_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/2e30d77a196810f7e9d57709a942b1826fd1bb43

Modified Files
--------------
config/c-compiler.m4                | 22 ++++++++++++++++++++
configure                           | 40 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
configure.ac                        |  3 +++
src/backend/postmaster/postmaster.c |  2 +-
src/backend/tcop/postgres.c         | 12 ++++++++++-
src/backend/utils/init/miscinit.c   | 11 +++++-----
src/include/pg_config.h.in          |  3 +++
src/tools/msvc/Solution.pm          |  1 +

От: Fujii Masao
Сообщение: pgsql: Fix comment in CheckIndexCompatible().
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: pgsql: Don't let libpq PGEVT_CONNRESET callbacks break a PGconn.