pgsql: Revert "Disallow infinite endpoints in generate_series() for tim

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Revert "Disallow infinite endpoints in generate_series() for tim
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Revert "Disallow infinite endpoints in generate_series() for timestamps."

This reverts commit eafdf9de06e9b60168f5e47cedcfceecdc6d4b5f
and its back-branch counterparts.  Corey Huinker pointed out that
we'd discussed this exact change back in 2016 and rejected it,
on the grounds that there's at least one usage pattern with LIMIT
where an infinite endpoint can usefully be used.  Perhaps that
argument needs to be re-litigated, but there's no time left before
our back-branch releases.  To keep our options open, restore the
status quo ante; if we do end up deciding to change things, waiting
one more quarter won't hurt anything.

Rather than just doing a straight revert, I added a new test case
demonstrating the usage with LIMIT.  That'll at least remind us of
the issue if we forget again.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/3603504.1652068977@sss.pgh.pa.us
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/CADkLM=dzw0Pvdqp5yWKxMd+VmNkAMhG=4ku7GnCZxebWnzmz3Q@mail.gmail.com

Branch
------
REL_10_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/86a21803c7d860bd0cbd8c81c34cc9250d4cc173

Modified Files
src/backend/utils/adt/timestamp.c         | 28 ----------------------------
src/test/regress/expected/timestamp.out   | 27 +++++++++++++++++++--------
src/test/regress/expected/timestamptz.out | 27 +++++++++++++++++++--------
src/test/regress/sql/timestamp.sql        | 11 +++++------
src/test/regress/sql/timestamptz.sql      | 11 +++++------

От: Noah Misch
Сообщение: pgsql: Make relation-enumerating operations be security-restricted oper
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: pgsql: Fix core dump in transformValuesClause when there are no columns