pgsql: Fix hypothetical problem passing the wrong GROUP BY pathkeys

От David Rowley
Тема pgsql: Fix hypothetical problem passing the wrong GROUP BY pathkeys
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Fix hypothetical problem passing the wrong GROUP BY pathkeys

1349d2790 changed things to make the planner request that the
query_pathkeys contain pathkeys for any ORDER BY / DISTINCT aggregates.
Some code added prior to that commit in db0d67db2 made it so the order
that the pathkeys appear in the group_pathkeys could be changed so that
the GROUP BY could be executed in a more optimal order which minimized
sort comparisons.  1349d2790 had to make sure that the pathkeys for any
ORDER BY / DISTINCT aggregates remained at the end of the groupby_pathkeys
and wasn't reordered, so some code was added to
add_paths_to_grouping_rel() to first strip off any pathkeys belonging to
ORDER BY / DISTINCT aggregates before passing to the function to optimize
the order of the group_pathkeys.

It seems I dropped the ball in 1349d2790 and mistakenly used the untouched
PlannerInfo.group_pathkeys to pass to get_useful_group_keys_orderings()
instead of the version that had the aggregate pathkeys removed.  It was
only the code path that was handling creating paths for
partially_grouped_rel which made this mistake.  In practice, we'll never
have any extra pathkeys to strip off when processing
partially_grouped_rel as that's only used when considering partial
paths, which we never do when there are ORDER BY / DISTINCT aggregates.
So this is just a hypothetical bug, not a live bug.  We already have the
correct pathkeys determined, so it's of no extra cost to pass the
correct variable.

Reported-by: Justin Pryzby
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/20220817015755.GB26426@telsasoft.com

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/af7d270dd3c7523dad023f5761f630daa7fb2730

Modified Files
src/backend/optimizer/plan/planner.c | 3 ---
1 file changed, 3 deletions(-)

От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: pgsql: doc: Add a note on PO editors
От: John Naylor
Сообщение: pgsql: Refer to replication origin roident as "ID" in user facing messa