pgsql: Don't initialize page in {vm,fsm}_extend(), not needed

От Andres Freund
Тема pgsql: Don't initialize page in {vm,fsm}_extend(), not needed
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Don't initialize page in {vm,fsm}_extend(), not needed

The read path needs to be able to initialize pages anyway, as relation
extensions are not durable. By avoiding initializing pages, we can, in a
future patch, extend the relation by multiple blocks at once.

Using smgrextend() for {vm,fsm}_extend() is not a good idea in general, as at
least one page of the VM/FSM will be read immediately after, always causing a
cache miss, requiring us to read content we just wrote.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/20230301223515.pucbj7nb54n4i4nv@awork3.anarazel.de

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/3d6a98457d8e21d85bed86cfd3e1d1df1b260721

Modified Files
src/backend/access/heap/visibilitymap.c   | 6 +-----
src/backend/storage/freespace/freespace.c | 5 +----

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: pgsql: Fix wrong word in comment.
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: pgsql: Fix another issue with ENABLE/DISABLE TRIGGER on partitioned tab