pgsql: Remove overzealous assertion from PHJ.

От Thomas Munro
Тема pgsql: Remove overzealous assertion from PHJ.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Remove overzealous assertion from PHJ.

We can't assert that we're the only process attached to a barrier after
BarrierArriveAndDetachExceptLast().  Although that'll be true almost
always, a late-starting parallel worker can attach very briefly (that
is, immediately detach after checking the phase) right at that moment.
BarrierArriveAndDetachExceptLast() already contains an assertion like
that, but it holds a spinlock preventing the race.  This thinko caused a
one-off failure on build farm animal chimaera.

Diagnosed-by: Melanie Plageman <melanieplageman@gmail.com>
Reported-by: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/3590249.1680971629@sss.pgh.pa.us

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/b37d051b0e59e4324e346655a27509507813db79

Modified Files
src/backend/executor/nodeHash.c | 1 -
1 file changed, 1 deletion(-)

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: pgsql: Revert "Adjust contrib/sepgsql regression test expected outputs.
От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: pgsql: Skip the 004_io_direct.pl test if a pre-flight check fails.