pgsql: Remove some non-ASCII symbols from a comment.

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Remove some non-ASCII symbols from a comment.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Remove some non-ASCII symbols from a comment.

Buildfarm member hamerkop is unhappy that daitch_mokotoff.c "contains
a character that cannot be represented in the current code page
(932). Save the file in Unicode format to prevent data loss".  There
are a lot of non-ASCII characters in comments, but I do not see any
outside a comment, so this is just cosmetic.  Nonetheless the warning
is fairly scary and people might waste time trying to understand the
cause, so we ought to silence it.

We have only one other occurrence of a non-ASCII character in .c or .h
files in the tree: predicate.c mentions "Uwe Röhm".  It's far from
clear why hamerkop isn't complaining about that too; but it isn't,
so maybe there is some special provision for accented Roman letters.
We can remove the non-letter symbols from the comment for
iso8859_1_to_ascii_upper without any real loss of usefulness,
so let's try that first to see if it silences the warning.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/1546512.1681495035@sss.pgh.pa.us

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/d6b5dee42de71f547090f0cd2968112c50c24203

Modified Files
contrib/fuzzystrmatch/daitch_mokotoff.c | 2 +-

От: David Rowley
Сообщение: pgsql: Adjust Valgrind macro usage to protect chunk headers
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: pgsql: Fix assignment to array of domain over composite, redux.