pgsql: pg_combinebackup: Detect checksum mismatches and document limita

От Robert Haas
Тема pgsql: pg_combinebackup: Detect checksum mismatches and document limita
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
pg_combinebackup: Detect checksum mismatches and document limitation.

If not all backups have the same checksum status, but the final backup
has checksums enabled, then the output directory may include pages
with invalid checksums. Document this limitation and explain how to
work around it.

In a future release, we may want to teach pg_combinebackup to
recompute page checksums when required, but as feature freeze has come
and gone, it seems a bit too late to do that for this release.

Patch by me, reviewed by Daniel Gustafsson

Discussion: http://postgr.es/m/CA+TgmoZugzOSmgkx97u3pc0M7U8LycWvugqoyWBv6j15a4hE5g@mail.gmail.com

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/205db0114e03496f1d6febf276374900b6314e67

Modified Files
doc/src/sgml/backup.sgml                    |  6 +++++-
doc/src/sgml/ref/pg_combinebackup.sgml      | 20 ++++++++++++++++++++
src/bin/pg_combinebackup/pg_combinebackup.c | 22 ++++++++++++++++++++++

От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Refactor libpq state machine for negotiating encryption
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: pgsql: Minor fixes to pg_combinebackup and its documentation.