pgsql: Fix behavior of stable functions called from a CALL's argument l

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Fix behavior of stable functions called from a CALL's argument l
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Fix behavior of stable functions called from a CALL's argument list.

If the CALL is within an atomic context (e.g. there's an outer
transaction block), _SPI_execute_plan should acquire a fresh snapshot
to execute any such functions with.  We failed to do that and instead
passed them the Portal snapshot, which had been acquired at the start
of the current SQL command.  This'd lead to seeing stale values of
rows modified since the start of the command.

This is arguably a bug in 84f5c2908: I failed to see that "are we in
non-atomic mode" needs to be defined the same way as it is further
down in _SPI_execute_plan, i.e. check !_SPI_current->atomic not just
options->allow_nonatomic.  Alternatively the blame could be laid on
plpgsql, which is unconditionally passing allow_nonatomic = true
for CALL/DO even when it knows it's in an atomic context.  However,
fixing it in spi.c seems like a better idea since that will also fix
the problem for any extensions that may have copied plpgsql's coding
pattern.

While here, update an obsolete comment about _SPI_execute_plan's
snapshot management.

Per report from Victor Yegorov.  Back-patch to all supported versions.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/CAGnEboiRe+fG2QxuBO2390F7P8e2MQ6UyBjZSL_w1Cej+E4=Vw@mail.gmail.com

Branch
------
REL_15_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/a160e92779afb1146474585a943454eab8432ea0

Modified Files
doc/src/sgml/spi.sgml                        |  8 +++--
src/backend/executor/spi.c                   | 36 +++++++++++++-------
src/pl/plpgsql/src/expected/plpgsql_call.out | 50 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
src/pl/plpgsql/src/sql/plpgsql_call.sql      | 50 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: pgsql: Add more debugging information when dropping twice pgstats entry
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: pgsql: Reject modifying a temp table of another session with ALTER TABL