pgsql: When replanning a plpgsql "simple expression", check it's still

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: When replanning a plpgsql "simple expression", check it's still
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
When replanning a plpgsql "simple expression", check it's still simple.

The previous coding here assumed that we didn't need to recheck any
of the querytree tests made in exec_simple_check_plan().  I think
we supposed that those properties were fully determined by the
syntax of the source text and hence couldn't change.  That is true
for most of them, but at least hasTargetSRFs and hasAggs can change
by dint of forcibly dropping an originally-referenced function and
recreating it with new properties.  That leads to "unexpected plan
node type" or similar failures.

These tests are pretty cheap compared to the cost of replanning, so
rather than sweat over exactly which properties need to be rechecked,
let's just recheck them all.  Hence, factor out those tests into a new
function exec_is_simple_query(), and rearrange callers as needed.

A second problem in the same area was that if we failed during
replanning or during exec_save_simple_expr(), we'd potentially
leave behind now-dangling pointers to the old simple expression,
potentially resulting in crashes later.  To fix, clear those pointers
before replanning.

The v12 code looks quite different in this area but still has the
bug about needing to recheck query simplicity.  I chose to back-patch
all of the plpgsql_simple.sql test script, which formerly didn't exist
in this branch.

Per bug #18497 from Nikita Kalinin.  Back-patch to all supported
branches.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/18497-fe93b6da82ce31d4@postgresql.org

Branch
------
REL_13_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/1fa46dba53e6161d9120187e1a57dfe7b6aa73a3

Modified Files
src/pl/plpgsql/src/expected/plpgsql_simple.out |  29 ++++++
src/pl/plpgsql/src/pl_exec.c                   | 139 +++++++++++++++----------
src/pl/plpgsql/src/sql/plpgsql_simple.sql      |  22 ++++

От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: pgsql: Clamp result of MultiXactMemberFreezeThreshold
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: pgsql: Improve the granularity of PQsocketPoll's timeout parameter.