Re: pg_dump why no indicator of completion

От Gavan Schneider
Тема Re: pg_dump why no indicator of completion
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 1 May 2023, at 10:18, richard coleman wrote:

> Why doesn't pg_dump add a line in the output like:
>
> pg_backup finished

And, consider an option to include the MD5 and/or SHA256 checksum(s) for what should be on the file system.

> when it's completed successfully?

Or, more generally, the appropriate status

From a basic perspective we can expect the *nix shell to get a non-zero exit status for pg_dump in the event of
failure,but this is not an explicit promise in the diagnostics section of my copy of the man entry (maybe too obvious
:).

Regards
Gavan

От: richard coleman
Сообщение: pg_dump why no indicator of completion
От: Ron
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump why no indicator of completion