Re: Problem with ExclusiveLock on inserts

От Бородин Владимир
Тема Re: Problem with ExclusiveLock on inserts
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Cool. How much ram do you have on your server and what is the size of the database?

My settings of 32 GB was set due to recommendation of 25% from here [1]. Right now I am going to investigate the content of buffer cache with pg_buffercache and maybe OS page cache with recently released pg_stat_kcache to determine the optimal size for my load profile.

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/runtime-config-resource.html

13.02.2014, в 13:13, Emre Hasegeli <emre@hasegeli.com> написал(а):

2014-02-12 18:59, Бородин Владимир <root@simply.name>:
I have read several topics [1, 2, 3, 4] with similar problems but haven't
find a good solution. Below is some more diagnostics.

I reported the second one. The diagnostics was very similar to yours.
I think a lot people experienced this problem with big servers. It was
only because of large shared_buffers. The problem disappeared after
we reduced it to 2 GB.

--
Да пребудет с вами сила...

От: Emre Hasegeli
Сообщение: Re: Problem with ExclusiveLock on inserts
От: Ilya Kosmodemiansky
Сообщение: Re: Problem with ExclusiveLock on inserts