Re: pgAdmin III very slow if working on localhost

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgAdmin III very slow if working on localhost
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

From: Petr Bouda [mailto:boudino@gmail.com]
Sent: 30 May 2006 12:41
To: Dave Page
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] pgAdmin III very slow if working on localhost

I cannot. At leas, performance on large table while queriyng seems adequate to size of the table. If still beleive that my propblem is primary in pgAdmin and the way in which it works wtih database metada.

I would like to know if it is common problem/behavior or it is something wrong with my environment.

Almost certainly your environment, given that this is the first complaint in a few hundred thousand downloads.

More specifically though, I suspect a problem with PostgreSQL rather than pgAdmin because PostgreSQL's libpq library is responsible for all network communication, and as you say it works fine with remote databases that points to either a problem in the way that libpq is talking to your local machine, or a problem with your local installation of PostgreSQL.

How responsive is your local database when accessed from a remote machine? Is it a personal development database on your desktop? If so, it may just be that the server has cached all the data on the server, thus is quite responsive, but on your local machine you are accessing data for the first time since boot.

Regards, Dave.

От: "Dave Page"
Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin III very slow if working on localhost
От: "Thomas Sondag"
Сообщение: Re: Proposed Patchs