Re: Fwd: [pgsql-advocacy] Website: links to wwwmaster.postgresql.org don't work for me

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Fwd: [pgsql-advocacy] Website: links to wwwmaster.postgresql.org don't work for me
Дата
Список pgsql-www

> Subject: [pgsql-advocacy] Website: links to
> wwwmaster.postgresql.org don't
> work for me
> Date: Monday 17 January 2005 10:55
> From: "Michael Paesold" <mpaesold@gmx.at>
> To: <pgsql-advocacy@postgresql.org>
>
> On the new www.postgresql.org site there are some links to
> wwwmaster.postgresql.org. Those do not work for me from home,
> I can't even
> ping wwwmaster.postgresql.org, although the name does resolve to
> 194.217.48.42. On the other hand I can ping the address from
> our hosting
> colocation. It's quite strange because the traceroute shows
> the same from
> both locations.
>
> I don't know the reason for that, yet, but I am asking
> myself, if this URL
> wwwmaster.postgresql.org is correct?

Yes, it is. The ping issue is probably similar to traceroute issues seen
from some machines. The firewall only allows ICMP echo requests to hit
the machine, and some OS's implement ping/traceroute in different ways -
for example, when tracerouting from borg.postgresql.org (which runs
FreeBSD), we can see the firewall dropping UDP datagrams.

Can you telnet to port 80, and get a reposonse if you type 'get /' and
hit return?

> The URL can be found, e.g.:
> * at http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/v7.4.6/ (ftp/...)
> * in the RSS feed
> * the mirrors link: http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/mirror/website
>
> Could some of you tell me, if wwwmaster.postgresql.org works
> for you? It
> would be interesting, if this is just a local problem, or a
> more general
> problem.

We've logged over 30,000 file downloads from the mirror network through
there in the last week, and over 5 million web hits on that virtual host
since 21st December, so it's certainly not a general problem.

Regards, Dave.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: What do we still need on 8.0 release web stuff?
От: "Dave Page"
Сообщение: Re: What do we still need on 8.0 release web stuff?