Re: Determining if a table really changed in a trigger

От Mark Dilger
Тема Re: Determining if a table really changed in a trigger
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> On Oct 26, 2021, at 4:01 PM, Michael Lewis <mlewis@entrata.com> wrote:
>
> Does this perform differently from suppress_redundant_updates_trigger?
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/functions-trigger.html

If Mitar finds that suppress_redundant_updates_trigger is sufficient, that may be a simpler solution.  Thanks for
mentioningit.

The suppress_redundant_updates_trigger uses memcmp on the old and new rows.  I don't know if memcmp will be sufficient
inthis case, since json can be binary unequal and yet turn out to be equal once cast to jsonb.  I was using the rule
andcasting the json column to jsonb before comparing for equality.

—
Mark Dilger
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Michael Lewis
Сообщение: Re: Determining if a table really changed in a trigger
От: Michael Lewis
Сообщение: Re: How to copy rows into same table efficiently