RE: Row locks, SKIP LOCKED, and transactions

От Steven Winfield
Тема RE: Row locks, SKIP LOCKED, and transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>> * I observe this even if I crank up the transaction isolation level to repeatable read and serializable.
>>

>> I'm wondering if row locks are not obeying the same transactional semantics as row data,

>Gotta believe it is this:
>
>https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/transaction-iso.html#XACT-READ-COMMITTED
>
>"UPDATE, DELETE, SELECT FOR UPDATE, and SELECT FOR SHARE commands ..."
>
>If I read correctly, transactions can see the effects of other
>transactions that commit during their lifetime.

Thanks. I had a look at those docs when I first encountered the issue (if it can be called that), which prompted me to
tryrepeatable read and serializable isolation levels, but to no avail. I couldn't find anything specifically mentioning
thevisibility of row locks at different isolation levels.

От: Karsten Hilbert
Сообщение: Re: Encoding/collation question
От: Steven Winfield
Сообщение: RE: Row locks, SKIP LOCKED, and transactions